Upon completion of this course, a student should be able to:
Develop professional awareness through research and networking.
- Research and describe the corporate cultures and values of various companies within the commercial art industry.
- Conduct activities with pertinent industry groups and / or associations
- Identify various career paths in the commercial art industry.
- Research entry level positions within the industry as well as submission requirements of particular companies.
Articulate career goals.
- Collect and assimilate information regarding possible career opportunities.
- Explore opportunities in various geographical regions.
- Associate specifics of possible career opportunities with intended personal goals and interests.
- Generate targeted resumes and cover letters for effective job search.
- Identify and research potential employers and their submission requirements.
- Develop professional awareness for researching and networking.
Research career paths
- Evaluate personal and professional skills and interests relative to application in possible career path.
- Name possible job titles and career paths in the profession.
- Anticipate future development in career opportunities in the field.
Evaluate personal and professional skills and interests relative to application in possible career path
- Evaluate and identify an area of specialization best suited to your strengths
- Research professional and student work to determine direction of portfolio
Identify major sectors of the industry and career opportunities within them
- Trace the human and organizational aspects of the industry over time
- Identify and articulate industry eras and trends.